Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Monday, September 18, 2006

The things I'll see

Friday was my youngest brother's homecoming game, so I drove the three hours home to be at his game and support him. He's a junior, and a starting offensive tackle on the varsity team. As I'm standing in the stands (no way I could sit through that nail biter) watching the game, I notice a fairly pregnant student standing with the rest of the students. I'm no prude, but I was truely shocked. This was in a town of less than 2,000 in the middles of a conservative state and I remember back in my high school days ( a whopping 10 years ago) the only girl that got pregnant during school was looked down upon. Now that I'm approaching my professional year (that's what they call the year you are in block and go out to student teach) I find myself asking how I'm going to handle such situations in my classroom. Let the anxiety begin.

Thank you for reading my blog, and please feel free to comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home