Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fun and Games

Stress levels are spiking. I have a presentation due on Thursday with an annotated bibliography that contains 15-20 sources. I've read exactly zero. The kids have had 3 soccer games in the last 2 weeks and I've had at least one reflection paper a day. I love upper division classes. One really should complete college before they have kids. Well better get to the books and get that presentation ready for Thursday.

2 Comments:

Blogger W.R. Chandler said...

Congratulations on tackling such an academic undertaking as going to college in your late 20s with children to attend to.

I am currently in a Master of Education program (one class to go!), and I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old, along with a sometimes neglected, often harried wife at home.

I sometimes wonder when I am ever going to get my papers done when my 2 year old son can't get to sleep and he is calling out "Daddy! Giraffe blanket on!" at 9pm. And I haven't even started on my lesson plans yet, as I also teach full time.

Pessimistically enough, I guess I have just steeled myself to the fact that I am going to be short on sleep for the next few years. That's why we have kids when we're young right?

Welcome to the exciting world of blogging, and thank you for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

I would have emailed you with this question were an email address available, but I was just wondering how you came across my blog? I am always curious about this when I get a new commentor.

Thank you,
Chanman

9/19/2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

I figured it out Mr. Chanman, I started reading your blog after Right On the Left Coast linked to your post on John Stossel's "Stupid In America" program. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog.

9/20/2006 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home