Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Kids Concerts

We just got home from the 1st grade/2nd grade Spring Concert. What a hoot. They actually do little song/plays now. I remember just singing a few songs when I was a kid. We finally got to do a musical play thing in sixth grade.

I did learn a very valuable lesson...teach your daughter not to play with her tights/hose. Picture Shorty...front row, nice and totally visible, hiking up her skirt and pulling up her hose. Good thing she had nice undies on. And of course she didn't just do it once...no, she did it three times in the 30 minutes they were on stage. *Sigh* We will work on this for next year.

Bub on the other hand was totally fabulous. He had a major speaking role...he was Poppa Bear. I was kind of worried about this, because Bub tends to mumble. I'm always after him to speak loudly and clearly. Tonight he stepped up to the mic and spoke loud and clear. Talk about a proud Momma.

Hope everyone's having a great spring! Thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I love the kids' concerts. It sounds like a lot of fun!

4/08/2008 11:45 PM  
Blogger IGotYourBackMan said...

Cool! Glad they did well.

4/09/2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

It was great, and Bub has gotten many compliments on his part. Kids are just too cute at this age.

4/11/2008 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home