Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Food!

I love to cook. I tend to spend weekends reading food blogs and tracking down new recipes. The new season of Top Chef started on Wednesday, and I was so excited to watch it. Unfortunately there were a lot of *Bleep*s. My 7 year old daughter likes the show too, and it bothers me to let her watch something with that much cussing, even when it's bleeped out. But anyway, one of the dishes made was a souffle. Being from Nebraska I've never seen a souffle. That's just not something my grandma ever made. Well, since it's the weekend and I'm looking up recipes anyway, I decided to look it up.

In doing so I stumbled upon a wonderful food blog Fallen Souffle. Bon apetite!

3 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

HI,

I jumped over here after seeing you at Half-past Kissin' Time (I lived in Nebraska for a while growing up).

My nine and six year olds have started just saying "Bleep!" when they're mad, they know it's something on tv to cover up the bad words and they think it's funny (though I know what you mean, it seems like Top Chef really has gotten pretty loose with the swears this season, doesn't it?).

3/16/2008 7:54 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

You know I understand letting words slip when they're cooking and under pressure, but when doing the little interviews you'd think they'd try to sound professional and intelligent. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks throwing the f-word around makes you sound like you never made it past 9th grade.

3/16/2008 7:59 PM  
Blogger sari said...

No, you're not the only one.

There are a lot of people who blog who are like that as well. I mean, just because you *can* do it...does it mean you *should*?

:-)

3/17/2008 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home