Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Soldier and His Family In Need

I know I've been neglecting this blog, but since mid-terms I've been behind on my class work. I was taking a mental break from some papers tonight when I ran across this article on Michelle Malikn's blog.

As if things aren't tough enough for our soldiers, his wife is dying of cancer and will leave him with young children to care for. As if that isn't enough, his insurance doesn't cover hospice care. His wife wants to stay at home where she can be with her children and husband until the end, but they have to pay for it out of pocket.

Anyone out there who can help, please either donate here. As a fundraiser they are also auctioning on eBay a Buzz Patterson 3 book set with a personal message from Mr. Patterson to the winning bidder. Great books going for a good cause, so please bid early and bid often.

Thanks for reading my blog, and please feel free to comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home