Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Now teach

Today I teach. It's just in front of my peers, and it's only for about 20 minutes, but I'm extremely nervous. This is where I really figure out if this is a profession I can do. I woke up at 3:15 this morning after I had a dream that I missed class. I'm a wreck and I really hope I get it all pulled together in time. Wish me luck.

Thank you for reading my blog, and please feel free to comment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Go slow. Breathe. Focus on several spots in the back of the room you are in, scanning back and forth (this makes it look like you are making 'eye' contact with the whole room). Have something in your hand; be it a piece of chalk, a pencil, pointer, dry erase pen.... And be yourself.

Learning to "teach" is a long, long process. Relax, be prepared, and you'll do fine!

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Don't hesitate to ask questions of other teachers in the edu-sphere. We can be very helpful and supportive!

10/06/2006 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home