Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Will the SAT go away?

I just finished reading this story about the relevance of the SAT. I never took the SAT. Out here in the boonies we took the ACT. Our math teacher reviewed some of the stuff that might be on the test in class the day before the test. That was all the test prep we did. We knew we needed to take it for college, but it wasn't a high pressure thing for us. I think I scored a 25 or something like that..well it was a twentysomething anyway. The lowest anyone in my class got was a 16. My graduating class was 23 students so we knew everyone else' business. I don't think I even know anyone who took the SAT. I'd have to say out here the SAT already has no relevance.

Thanks for reading my blog, and please feel free to comment!

2 Comments:

Blogger W.R. Chandler said...

Finally! Someone who knows what it's like to have a small graduating class. My graduating class was also 23 students. The whole school was only 130 students. With my personality, I am so glad I went to a school like that rather than these suburban and urban behemoths with 2 or 3,000 students.

9/27/2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

I shudder to think of going to a big school. Our school was (and still is) a 7-12 school. Most classes hover around the 18-20 mark. Tha largest class (grade)while I was there was 35. The school my kids go to has about 60-80 students per grade. It's almost too big for my taste,

9/27/2006 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home