Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Vacation!

Wow, can you tell last week was mid-terms? What a long week that was. I went to visit my parents and watch my younger brother play football over the weekend. Now I have two whole days off. I get to put in extra hours at work. This is nice cause I need the hours. What I really want to do though, is sleep.

As is my usual custom, I read news while waiting for the kids to get ready for school (no vacation for them!). I also wandered through some blogs and I saw this story on the forgiveness shown by the Amish. Now I have mixed feelings on this one. I do feel that there are times when forgiveness is the best path, however, I do not believe 9/11 is one of those. Telling the extremists "We forgive you." is not going to make them decide that we're not so bad after all and they shouldn't hate us. Not gonna happen. If only the answer to that dilemma was so simple.

Thanks for reading my blog and please feel free to comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home