Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Remember This Next Time You Go To Wal-Mart

Xavier's trip to Wal-Mart was a bit more interesting than he expected:

"I handed Little Darling her bag and
took
her hand as we began to
negotiate the maze
of parked automobiles.
I glanced back and
saw that the two
young men had spread
apart, one on either
side of us and to the
rear. That is when I felt it.
They had
matched my stride and were
circling me.
Like an antelope, I knew I was
being stalked
by jackals, only I
did not know why. Time
was accelerating
at head pounding speed, and
Little Darling,
blissfully unaware, was along
for the ride."

It makes me realize that I need to pay more attention to my surroundings. A single mother can't afford to be distracted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home