Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Pictures





Here are some more pictures of Nebraska. These pictures are just of the scenery around here and my parents' house. Don't ever let anyone tell you Nebraska is flat. I also want to thank all of you for your comments. It nice to know someone actually looks at my page!

2 Comments:

Blogger Law and Order Teacher said...

I have been reading a lot about the Gold Rush and the Pony Express. In the reading I was surprised at the prevalence of Nebraska in each of these time period. The Platt River and the rugged country caught my attention. Your pictures gave me a good visual. Beautiful pictures.

4/02/2008 10:16 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Nebraska really does have a lot of history. The Platte is farther south than where these pictures were taken. It is quite similar, but that area isn't as rugged which is what made it so perfect for wagon trails. Thank you for the compliment on my pictures. The only one on here that is not my own is Woody's.

4/04/2008 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home