Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year

Sitting at home by myself today had me doing a lot of thinking. I've come to so realizations about my life. There are things that I need to change and ideas that I need to let go of. These aren't new years resolutions, they are life changes that I need to make if I want a happier life.

1. I will exercise more. I've gained 100 pounds since high school and I don't like looking in the mirror.

2. I need to get rid of the clutter in my house. I live in a cracker jack box. A mansion worth of stuff simply will not fit and the clutter stresses me out. I have enough stress without adding more.

3. They say things happen when you least expect it. I've come to the conclusion that some things are just not meant to happen. I need to try to figure out how to make my life full without those things and just be happy and thankful with what I have.

Thanks for reading my blog. Comments are always appreciated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs4444 said...

You're so right (and smart.) It sounds like you have become healthier emotionally. That's the first step to making other healthy decisions. You deserve it.

1/02/2009 10:46 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Thanks for the support Mrs. 4444. Even though we've never actually met, it helps to know I have someone out there.

1/02/2009 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home