Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Blogroll addition

For anyone who's interested, I've added the link to the Dirt Broke Rodeo Company website to my blogroll. The Dirt Broke Rodeo Company is what we call our bucking horse operation. If you visit the site and see any problems or have any questions or suggestions let me know. Building a website is quite a bit different than having a blog. I know I only have a few regular readers here (thanks Mrs4444 and Skeeter :) ) but at least I get feedback. For feedback on the website I have to rely on my dad and Spud and, let's face it, they're not real detail oriented. I also thought since some of you have shown interest in my posts about our horses that you might like to see more pictures.

Thanks for reading my blog and please feel free to comment.

10 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

Hi Nebraska G!

I checked out the dirt broke rodeo company website. It's very well done. Good job! Ok, one small question for you. I understand the ideas behind animal husbandry, breeding for different traits, and that sort of thing. I was raised on a farm in the southeast corner of Colorado. I can see breeding animals for more meat or wool, but I hadn't thought of breeding them for the trait of bucking. OK, my question is this - is the trait of bucking the opposite of say, gentleness, for example. How do slect animals for this particular trait? What characteristics are you looking for in them?

Thanks and best wishes,

Skeeter

12/04/2008 11:28 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Thanks for asking Skeeter. Breeding for bucking is really not that different than breeding dogs for good retrievers or trackers. You try to find horses that prefer to buck and breed them. Many of our horses were bred to buck already (my family had been raising bucking horses with another group for many years before starting this current venture). What we do more than anything now is try to figure out which mare paired with which stud produces the best buckers. Hope that answers it for you.

12/05/2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Hi ya G!

Get any snow up there yet? Looks like a storm is about to arrive down here. Gonna be cold. The security word is "MITEN", hmmm, must be anticipating the messy cold weather tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

12/08/2008 6:23 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Hey Skeeter,

It started raining this morning, switched to snow around 2, and since the sun went down the temperature has plummeted and the wind started howling. Gonna be cold, windy and icy tomorrow. Hope you're warmer than we are!

NG

12/08/2008 7:03 PM  
Blogger You have got to be kidding me... said...

Hey rude I'm a regular!

12/10/2008 1:57 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Well Sis, until you commented I didn't know that you visited me. I guess you were too quiet...that's a first :). Thanks for reading my blog. I didn't realize that you had one too. Obviously we need to talk more often!

12/10/2008 3:22 PM  
Blogger You have got to be kidding me... said...

Um yea I have you in my links! Tardo!

12/13/2008 2:24 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to call names? Oh wait, forgot who I was talking to.

I just dug back through all my old emails and found the one you sent that gave the address to your blog. My bad :)

I'm adding a link to you on my blogroll, so there !

12/13/2008 2:31 PM  
Blogger Mrs4444 said...

Okay, I'm off to the site! :)

12/13/2008 6:37 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Mrs. 4444 you are WONDERFUL! I'm usually pretty good at editing other people's stuff, but I find it hard to do my own since I tend to read it as I meant to type it instead of how I actually typed it. Thanks again!

12/13/2008 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home