Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My eyes hurt

So a few weeks ago I went to the eye doctor because I've had the same pair of glasses for about 5 years and they are all scratched to heck. I decided it was time for a new pair, especially since my eyes were hurting after a day at work.

Spud talked me into trying contacts. So I picked out a new pair of glasses and learned how to put in contacts and was on my way. After about 5 hours I took out the contacts. We were at Spud's football game and it was windy and they were drying out and making my eyes hurt.

I faithfully wore the contacts daily for the first week. Every day my eyes would get irritated and I would end up rubbing them and then they'd get more irritated and turn red. I started wearing my new glasses more but still tried to wear the contacts.

But there was another problem...the prescription on the glasses wasn't strong enough. So on Saturday I was back at the eye doctor's office for a followup on my contacts. I told her how uncomfortable they were and she looked at them and decided that the material wasn't right for my eyes. She would have to order me something else. It was also decided that they needed to redo the lenses on my glasses. I managed to wear the contacts until today. My eyes hurt so bad today when I put them in that I just pulled them back out and threw them away.

Unfortunately I'm now stuck with my old glasses until the new glasses and contacts come in. They are so scratched and I got used to the clear lenses on my new ones that it's hard to see out of these.

I really hope the mailman brings me a present tomorrow!

Thanks for reading my blog, and please feel free to comment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

I don't know how a person adjusts to contacts Nebraska G. Mrs. Skeeter got those and they just about killed her. Her eyes were red all the time. She tried all kinds of different solutions, practices and even contacts themselves before throwing in the towel. Finally talked her into LASIC and she loves the results. I have glaucoma, so it's glasses forever for me :-(

Best wishes with your glasses and contacts,

Skeeter

9/26/2008 1:51 AM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

According to my brother, if they fit right you don't feel them at all. Unfortunately, some people never find a pair that fits. i hope I do. BTW I got my glasses yesterday so i can see again. Thanks for stopping by!

9/26/2008 7:37 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

I had contacts in high school and HATED every minute that they were on my eyes. HATED. THEM. After eight years with the same glasses, I just got new frames and lenses too, three weeks ago! I'm crossing my fingers for you and a prompt delivery from the mailman!

9/27/2008 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home