Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And they're off!


The kids started school today. 2nd and 3rd grades. Man I feel old!

The kids spent Saturday through last night camping with their dad. I've finally calmed down, but after he brought them home last night (an hour late I might add) I saw some thing and some things were said that really ticked me off.

1. When he picked them up he told me that he had booster (car) seats for the kids. When they got out of the car at home, no booster seats. He LIED! And they were tooling around in a compact car with four kids in the back seat. I am livid over that.

2. He allowed, and I'm sure even encouraged, my son to call his girlfriend mom. She. Is. NOT. His. Mother!!!!!!!

3. My son came home with both his tennis shoes and his sandals ruined. Those are the only two pairs of shoes he owns. His dad didn't replace them because he "was out of money." Welcome to my world a$$hole! I had to super glue Bub's sandals so he has shoes to wear to school this week. I don't get paid until Saturday.

And the thing that pissed me off the most...

4. My 7 year old daughter now thinks she's fat. Her daddy made her think this. She is NOT fat. She has a belly right now because she's about 2 weeks from a growth spurt. I fully expect the new jeans I bought her for school to be too short in a month. He sees them once a year and judges how they must live based on that.

After this summer I'm seriously thinking that they won't see him next year. I know it's important for kids to have their father in their life, but when their father makes them feel bad about themselves (not to mention his constant use of the f-word and his obvious lack of concern for their safety) I think he does more damage than good.

I hate that my kids have to suffer because of my choices. Bub and Shorty, I'm sorry.

Thanks for reading my blog, and please feel free to comment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs4444 said...

What a jerk (to put it nicely.) This would make me sick to my stomach, too. I'm sure your influence will be able to undo most of the damage. I'm just glad he doesn't get be around them much. How long were they with him??

8/22/2008 6:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs4444 said...

P.S. Don't be afraid to join Weekly Winners at SarcasticMom.com It's a great way to showcase your favorite pics from the week! It also brings traffic to your blog...

8/22/2008 6:01 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

Ugh. What a difficult situation to have to endure! 444 is right, you know. Your influence for the rest of the year will undo all of the father's damage. As for the dishonesty with booster seats, take notes! That way if you decide to refuse visitation next year, you'll have some backup.

9/03/2008 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home