Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to blogging

I took a week off and left the post about Lewie at the top on purpose. It was my little tribute to him. So here's what's happened in the last couple weeks.

We had our last rodeo of the season on the 6th and 7th. It was quite a rodeo. Saturday was nice and cool, and the horses didn't buck worth a crap. It was disappointing. I did however get to see a bull rider get knocked out during his ride. I've known quite a few bull riders in my life. They come in two types, crazy and stupid. I'm not saying that they're not nice...many of them are. That doesn't stop them from being crazy or stupid.

Sunday it rained all day. Ahhh...I love a wet rodeo!


Monday Bub started cub scouts. I must have been out of my mind when i said yes to that.

Tuesday Shorty started soccer. She has a love/hate relationship with soccer. She likes to play, but loves to be goalie and gets annoyed if she doesn't get to be. She's a pretty good goalie too.




Hope everyone has had a great couple of weeks. Thanks for stopping by, and please feel free to comment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Webinsider said...

Hello Nebraska Girl:

I am a fellow blogger who learned it the hard way that getting traffic for a blog is a very painful process.

After being frustrated for several months, I started a project so that we bloggers can help each other in growing our reader base.

http://blogoxy.com

Blogoxy guarantees to bring more readers to your blog. Take a look and please give me your feedback.

Best Regards,
~deek

9/17/2008 6:24 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Hi ya Nebraska G.,

Have to agree about the bull riders. Everyone that I've known has been the same way. The ones that continue to do that sport for any length of time sure pay a price for it with broken bones and injuries that are just awful.

Best wishes on the soccer front,

Skeeter

9/21/2008 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home