Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Pity Party is OVER!

Ok, I've decided to stop whining about my life and get on with it. There is really nothing I can do about the ex situation except deal with whatever comes.

I went and watched Spud's football team play on Saturday. They won 37-7. This is the team's first 4-1 start since 1984. Go Rockers!!!

Spud is going through some difficulties so he asked me to spend the day with him on Sunday. We had some fun, but you could tell that he was still troubled. I'm glad that I was able to take his mind off of things for a little while at least, and I think we've reinforced the bond we have between us. We honestly think of each other as one of our best friends and people are often surprised because we are 12 years apart.

We went mini golfing, and I took pictures which I'll post here after I remember to get the camera out of the trunk of the car. All in all it was a pretty good weekend. Now it's back to the grindstone. I have a book report due tomorrow and a report on a rock (it's a mica schist) due on Friday. Hope everyone has a good week!

Thanks for reading my blog and please feel free to comment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

Nebraska G.,

It's not whining dear. You've got some things to contend with that many others don't. You are among friends. We understand.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

10/07/2008 10:49 PM  
Blogger Mrs4444 said...

Mica schist, huh? sounds interesting (seriously). What was the main theme of the paper?

10/09/2008 10:14 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

For the rock we're just supposed to explain how we determined what it is. Basically you list what properties of your rock led you to determine that is was Rock A. I cheated. I had the paleontologist at work identify it for me. :) He said to use whatever resources were available.

10/09/2008 10:19 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Skeeter,
Thanks for the support. A friend of mine told me today that I was dealing with everything much better than she would. This is a big compliment because she is a very down to earth and stable person.

10/09/2008 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home