Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Monday, November 03, 2008

We're going to the moon!

Ok, not the moon, the badlands! This is a really cool place that's about 20 miles from where I grew up. I've spent a lot of time here. The kids were out of school on Friday, and the Boy's & Girl's Club took the kids on a field trip. This was a partnership thing with my work, so I got paid to go!

Enjoy!






Thanks for reading my blog, and please feel free to comment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

Wow, it does look like the Moon there. Sounds like a fun visit.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

11/09/2008 3:32 PM  
Blogger Mrs4444 said...

Wow. That is a very cool place. My mom is from South Dakota (born there, anyway), so I've heard about them but have never been. Very intriguing.

11/12/2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

Took a short trip to Mt. Rushmore once when I was living in Colorado Springs, but have never been to the Badlands. I've been trying to think of cool places to go this summer--I'll put this on the "to be considered" list!

12/03/2008 8:16 PM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Darren-

While there are badlands in South Dakota, this is actually Toadstool Geologic Park in western Nebraska. There are about 10 different really cool attractions within a 2 hour driving distance of where I live, and this is one of them.

12/03/2008 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home