Wide Open Spaces

The blog of a college student working on her BA in History

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Plains, United States

I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I'm in my junior year at a small college in the Central US, and working on my Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

*Sigh*

No paycheck yet, but I got my tax refund already (Thank you H&R Block!). I was told that the paperwork for my employment has gone through, so I should be getting paid soon. Yippee!

On the down side, we lost a horse on Monday. This one was Spud's saddle horse, Jasper. We raised him from a foal, and he wasn't that old. I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure he was no older than 10. He'd been having some strange health issues this past year, and nothing that we tried really seemed to be helping that much. It's a really big loss for us all, but especially for Spud.
That's Spud on Jasper, and Me on Champ. We will definitely miss him.

Thanks for reading my blog, and please feel free to comment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

RIP Jasper. I'm sorry you lost such a beautiful creature. That's a great picture.

1/21/2009 10:55 PM  
Blogger You have got to be kidding me... said...

He was beautiful! It's so hard to lose something as special as a horse. Tell Jace I'm sorry.

1/22/2009 9:40 AM  
Blogger nebraska girl said...

Sara, both horses are (were) half brothers to Abe, so it really sucks that we lost one.

Eva, thanks for your kind thoughts.

1/22/2009 12:16 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Hi Nebraska G,

Looks like your cold wether is finally making it down here to Oklahoma.

It is a great picture. Those are some nice horses.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

1/26/2009 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home